The Cabinet Makers Association of WA (CMAWA) is a not-for-profit member-based organisation whose primary focus is to support and represent the Cabinet and Furniture making Industry throughout Western Australia. Established in 1980, CMAWA aims to raise the level of industry professionalism and improve industry standards to ultimately deliver better value and quality of work for consumers. The CMAWA supports members improve their business practices and works to maintain and raise industry standards. The Association also acts as an advocate for the industry with State and Federal Governments aiming to minimize any constraints that might be placed against the Industry. Partnering with the CMAWA is a positive step towards the success of your business.
Representing a considerable segment of established cabinet makers and industry suppliers in Western Australia, CMAWA is driven by a dynamic committee which is focused on support and achieving the Association’s core objectives.
The CMAWA 5 Year Strategic Plan mirrors the Vision and Mission of CMAWA and is set out in the following five core objectives:
1. to be recognised and accepted as the Peak Body which represents and supports the Cabinet Making Industry in Western Australia
2. to provide guidance to members to further improve the standards and quality of workmanship within the Cabinet Making Industry in Western Australia
3. to provide the services required by members to enhance profitability and productivity for all CMAWA Members
4. to increase consumer awareness of the benefits associated with selecting a CMAWA member
5. to be an active participant in the drive to ensure effective and appropriate training of Apprentices
Benefits of CMAWA Membership
- Free dispute resolution service. Each year the CMAWA helps resolve disputes on behalf of its members with a minimum of stress and often without recourse to legal action.
- Industrial relations advice and support.
- Advocacy and Government Lobbying. The CMAWA actively promotes the interests of the industry to the State and Federal Governments and is presently addressing the constraints that are currently imposed against our jurisdiction relating to deposits and progress payments under domestic building legislation.
- CMAWA representation of members to the public. The CMAWA receives direct enquiries seeking cabinet makers as well as suppliers to the Industry.
- Business management support and advice. Current Wage rates information; HR Management: Occupational Health & Safety guidance; and guidance with Legal matters.
- Insurance Broker Services covering all business and personal needs.
- Technical support including Australian Standards and National Construction Code (NCC).
- Training Workshops and Seminars through the Small Business Development Corporation.
- Marketing and promotional assistance with use of the CMAWA logo.
- Regular eNews bulletins featuring articles on current industry news and product information from industry suppliers. This is a great opportunity to profile and promote individual businesses to other CMAWA members and industry partners alike.
- Your business listing on the CMAWA website. All members receive a free one- page listing with its own URL so it can be used as a standalone web page for your business. The CMAWA website rates very highly on Google and many members report receiving work enquiries as a result.
- Opportunity to be one of the CMAWA’s Major Sponsors and at a minimum cost to receive additional exposure for your business.
- Free quarterly networking events, featuring guest speakers on industry topics, as well as social events including an enjoyable and productive annual golf day.