CMAWA Members Kellerberrin Men’s Shed Project
A CMAWA community based project to install a new kitchen for the Kellerberrin Men’s Shed was made possible by our partners Proform, Lincoln Sentry and Laminex.
The Kellerberrin Men’s Shed secured a grant from Lotterywest to install a new kitchen in their facility. Most of the proceeds from this Grant includes the provision of Building Work to this area, plumbing, electrical, appliances, tiling and painting, so their funds for cabinetry remain restricted. As the CMAWA is keen to support projects such as this one which gives direct benefits to local and rural community members, it was full steam ahead for our team.
Ugo De Laurentis of Delta Cabinets acted as Project Manager and worked hard behind the scenes liaising with key suppliers to support the project. The outcome was overwhelming.
• Proform: Mark Andersen donated all EGGAR Tightform benchtops, was involved in both assembly and install, and provided his truck for transport to Kellerberrin.
• Lincoln Sentry: Andrew Loughton donated all hardware including BLUM hinges and FINISTA Soft closing drawers and came to Kellerberrin to help on the install day. Greg Schroeder, Account Manager attended the assembly day.
• Laminex provided board at hugely discounted rates. Rita Mittica and Jamie Clark attended the assembly day and donated some hand tools to the Men’s Shed.
The kitchen cabinetry was manufactured at Delta Cabinets, who cut and prepared the job. Assembly of the cabinetry took place at Delta’s workshop with the help from several CMAWA members volunteering their time for the full day exercise. To keep the chaps on track and well fed, Diana and Ugo prepared a delicious feast.
A couple of weeks later, all roads led to Kelleberrin, where the installation team got to work and completed the new kitchen installation with great success.
A special thanks also to:
• Bruno Grenci, owner of the Kellerberrin Hotel Motel, for providing accommodation for the installation team.
• the Kellerberrin Men’s Shed for providing lunch for the CMAWA team on install day and hosting them for dinner at the Kellerberrin Hotel Motel.
• the CMAWA install team themselves for volunteering their time to ensure the project was a success.
A big Thank You to the following CMAWA members which took part in the initiative as volunteer cabinetry assemblers and installers:
The CMAWA is very privileged to be able to support such community based projects and appreciate the fantastic support from partners Proform, Lincoln Sentry and Laminex who made this all possible.