About the CMAWA
Representing a considerable segment of established cabinet makers and industry suppliers in Western Australia, CMAWA is driven by a dynamic Executive Team who are focussed to support those directly and indirectly involved in the industry sector and achieve the Associations’ core objectives. With this in mind, a new and innovative 5 Year Strategic Plan has been developed which mirrors the Vision and Mission of CMAWA and is set out in the following five core objectives:
- to be recognised and accepted as the Peak Body which represents and supports the Cabinet Making Industry in Western Australia
- to provide guidance to members to further improve the standards and quality of workmanship within the Cabinet Making Industry in Western Australia
- to provide the services required by members to enhance profitability and productivity for all CMAWA Members
- To increase consumer awareness of the benefits associated with selecting a CMAWA member
- to be an active participant in the drive to ensure effective and appropriate training of Apprentices
The CMAWA is one of the main forces in trying to bring Apprenticeship training up to a satisfactory level for modern industry requirements. Because of the speed of change in machinery and technology used in the cabinet making industry, combined with the slow-down of construction in the mining industry, new apprenticeships have reduced and we are working with key stakeholders including the Industry Training Council WA and the Department of Training WA in the attempt to overcome this anomaly.